Here are some Self Defense Techniques:
Awareness of the surroundings often prevents any potential attacks. However if an attack does occur, it is best to be prepared. The best self defense techniques are ones that are quick, simple and instantly effective. It is easy to become panicked and confused during an attack, but it is important to stay calm. With a few simple strategies, one can stop any attacker regardless of the one’s age, gender of size.
A real life attack is much different than those portrayed in movies. There is no need to try any fancy moves on the attacker, stick to what is simple and proactive. The objective is to incapacitate the attacker. There is no “winning” in an attack, only coming out of it unharmed. Being overzealous with the attacker can also lead to a visit with a judge, so once the attacher is noticeably incapacitated, it is best to then stop performing any techniques and run.
Marital arts is not the same as self defense. For one, martial arts has rules and the street does not. Since there are not any rules when defending one’s life, the most effective techniques are the simplest. The eye gouge and eye strike are great techniques. The eye gouge does not take much power and consists of using two fingers, or a thumb to gouge at the attackers eye. The eye strike requires some speed and force, using the palm heel to impact the eye socket. These techniques will temporarily blind the attacker, allowing the victim time to get away. Other techniques beneficial to any victim are headbutts, knees and elbows. A headbutt can easily knock the attacker out, or weaken the attacker at the very least. Multiple elbows to the attackers head and knees to the groin are also favorable tactics.
Here are the Top 10 Self Defense Tips you should remember:
- 1. Keep your hands up and eyes wide open prepared for anything
- 2. Take your Attacker to the ground
- 3. Close the Distance on the attacker
- 4. Strike the attacker first
- 5. Remember there are no rules, anything goes
- 6. If you get hit, its no big deal
- 7. Just remain calm so you can focus
- 8. Know what your limits are
- 9. Your main goal is not to win, it is to defend and retreat
- 10. Remember this is not a karate movie, No fancy moves or kicks to be impressive, just to stop the attack and seek safety.